So I’m not going to declare I made and followed some delicious guacamole recipe, because it’s basically the easiest non-recipe you could ever follow. All I gotta say, is I made it homemade yesterday and it was WAY better than the stuff I have been buying in pre-packed containers at the store (also, way healthier). SO here’s what I did.
– 2 ripe avocados
– 1 jalapeno (seeds removed), diced finely
– Juice of 1 lime
– cilantro (I skipped this cause I hate cilantro, but most people like it in guac)
– salt and pepper to taste
You can add other ingredients like onions, tomatoes, sweet peppers etc. Depending on what you like. I’m a plain jane so I kept it simple. It’s also good without the jalapenos if spicy isn’t your thing.
– mash the avocados with a fork (I like a few chunks so I didn’t go wild)
– mix in diced peppers
– squeeze in juice of one lime
– season with salt and pepper to taste
THAT’S ALL. And at first bite, you will never buy pre-made guac again (I promise).
It also tastes REALLY good on eggs, chicken, used as a spread on sandwiches and soooo many other things. A health sub for mayo is my favourite use for guac.
It won’t last as long as store bought, so make sure you don’t make a ton (or you just eat it super fast!).